We are a family divided. My husband, Dan and River tend to like white sauces like cream sauce or Alfredo where Gatlin and I tend to like marinara. Ok, to be honest, I could go either way and actually like half marinara and half white sauce over my noodles. I wouldn’t want to leave anyone out!
A few months ago, I made dinner for our date night and was thrilled with the results of this dish. Kudos to Carmella at Raw Freedom Community for this one. The sauce is part of her Spinach and Cream Pasta Casserole. It is so quick and super yummy. The sauce is a great addition to your recipe box as a sauce for zucchini or carrot noodles or on top of fresh green beans, pea pods or sprout salads.
- 1 c. cashews and/or macadamias
- 1/2 to 3/4 c. water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- Put the nuts in your blender and grind them up until as fine as possible.
- Add the other ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add water slowly so you end up with a desired thickness.
- Pour over your noodles or dish you are serving it and that is it.
I like the creaminess of cashews and tend to use just those. Feel free to add more garlic if that’s the way you like it. It stays beautiful white in color, but you could easily adapt this sauce by adding some sun-dried tomatoes or mushrooms for a new flavor.
This one is a sure favorite. You can add some marinated mushrooms or spinach marinated in salt and olive oil for a special touch!